At the Open

9.09.2013

Banana Republic Outlet tshirt dress (this one in black!), Old Navy espadrilles, Longchamp bag
Monogram necklace by Marinette Jewelry via Etsy

After the fun I had at last year's US Open, I was really hoping that I would be able to attend this year. Well, I got my wish, not once, but twice (Thanks again, Dad!)!! Two full days of tennis in the greatest city in the world? Yes, please. (In case you couldn't tell, I am falling in love with NY all over again, but more on that in a later post.) 

Over the two days spent at the Open, I got to see more of the grounds, some of the players in practice, and experience a match in the rain/delay where Rafael Nadal took his shirt off and changed at least three times... From Victoria Azarenka to Serena and Venus Williams in singles and doubles matches, it was a great few days of live tennis, and another memorable year for sure. 

Even if your not a tennis fan, I think a day, even just a match, at the Open is worth trying just once. The grounds alone are worth visiting with so much to do, live music, and of course food. (There's a gorgeous Moët & Chandon terrace and a wine/tapas style bar that I'm already planning to try next year...) It's so easy to get caught up in the atmosphere and cheer on whoever is playing, even if you may not know them well or even get the game. It is truly spectacular and like they say "nothing beats being here." 

No comments :

Post a Comment