Christmas in the city

12.22.2010

Tuesday meant the last of finals, and the beginning of winter break! Tuesday night was spent with family doing Christmasy things around the city. The first stop was to the tree at Rockefeller Center. I have lived in NY my entire life, and have only been to the tree ONCE! I will admit that walking out of 30 Rockefeller from the train station, I was a bit shocked at how tiny the tree was. The TV sure does add 10 pounds, or in this case, 10 feet.
Regardless, it was absolutely wonderful to see the tree and to be around all the people full of Christmas spirit. 
Mwah 
30 Rock
I was half hoping to run into the one and only Andy Cohen, but had no such luck.
 
Brave skaters at the rink

After the tree, it was off to the theatre at Madison Square Garden to see Cirque du Soleil's Wintuk.  All I can say is WOW. The set, scenery, artistry, and ability of the acrobats/gymnast was just astounding. It was absolutely amazing and at the end of it, there was snow! Lots and lots of snow! Pictures were technically not allowed, but this was too amazing to miss, so I whipped out my Blackberry (hence the graniness of the pictures):

blizzard
"snow"

All in all. it was a great night out. I have a love/hate relationship with NY, but I sure don't mind it during the holidays.

No comments :

Post a Comment