Beauty Review: Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector

12.20.2010





Product: Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector


What it does: "A clinically proven serum that visibly reduces dark spots, age spots, and traces of acne past"

Price: $49.50


Pros: Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth


Cons: Expensive,  Did not work as expected


Rating (5 being the best, 0 being the worst): 0/5

My Review:  While watching TV one day over the summer, a commercial came on for this new product by Clinique that would help lighten dark spots. I'm always skeptical, even though the first results could be seen in as little as 12 weeks sounded promising.  

I went to Sephora, as I always do with big ticket beauty items, for a sample to see how it would react with my skin. The sample lasted me about two weeks, and in that two weeks my skin felt smooth, and great after application, but broke me out pretty badly (on my cheeks especially). I figured it was because I was using a new product and that usually happens as it brings the impurities to the skin. I overlooked that and continued to use the product.

I was warned that using SPF with this product when going outside was essential, since the ingredients in the Clinique serum, could reverse the lightening process. I used my sample, despite breakouts, as recommended, with SPF, twice a day. After I ran out of the sample, I purchased a full size bottle at Nordstrom since 12 weeks was the time frame to see the beginning results.

When I started the full bottle at the end of July, since I was scared of the reverse affects, I was only using the serum at night, and twice on days when I was home. I started using toner and eventually the breakouts subsided, but not without leaving new scars. I continued to use the serum, and loved the way my skin felt after, because it made my skin very soft and smooth. 

I really wanted this product to work, and continued to use it religiously. However, after 5 months, (or more than 12 weeks), my skin has not changed. The scars I had before, I still have now, and as mentioned before, I got a few new ones from the breakout that occurred when I first started using the spot corrector.  For $50, it is extremely pricey, and after reading reviews on a number of websites, success has been hit or miss. I had a miss, maybe it will be a hit for you.

*All products and their reviews are solely my opinion.

No comments :

Post a Comment