Whole 30: DONE!

4.14.2013

From March 15th to April 13th, I will be doing the Whole 30 and recapping my experience every Monday with a post outlining how I'm feeling, what I'm eating, and how it is going overall. 

I. am. done! I feel like these 30 days just flew by! The Whole 30 is something I've contemplated doing for a while now, and even thought the beginning was tough, I'm glad I did it. 

Was it worth it?
100000%! For starters, I am back to getting a perfect nights sleep, which in turn is making me feel more energetic and focused throughout the day. Most importantly, those pesky cravings, especially sugar, I had previously? Gone. I've been tested a few times (like picking up pizza for my dad), but I never once felt like I just had to have whatever it was. (Plus, the thought of the agony my body goes through to process say, gluten, turned me right off.) Feeling as good as I do, the last thing I want to do now is screw up everything I've been working so hard for. 

So what now?

Since I already know what foods are definitely not in my favor, I will not be doing a reintroduction as outlined in It Starts With Food, but, what I eat now won't be much different from when I was on the Whole 30. With the exception of a few Paleo treats here and there, I will continue to watch my sugar intake, natural or otherwise, eat my healthy fats, and so on. (Truly indulgent things will come, just not right now.) The Whole 30 was a way for me to transition out of bad habits and cravings and I feel like it did that and more. I would definitely do another one. After Cinco de Mayo perhaps... 

I truly want to thank you all for reading along the last few weeks and for commenting and encouraging me along the way! It really means a lot to me. As always, here is my journal for the last week, and if you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to email me

Sleep 8 hours
Activity Nothing, sick!

Breakfast Salmon cakes with tartar sauce and salad
Lunch Slice of turkey breast, papaya and mango, apple with almond butter, coffee with coconut milk
Dinner Chicken with broccoli and carrots w/truffle oil, salad, 1/4 of an avocado, piece of papaya

Sleep 7.5 hours
Activity Tabata workout, leg exercises with weights

Post Workout Turkey, Ella's Kitchen
Breakfast Kale and egg scramble, avocado
Lunch Chicken broth with vegetables, apple with almond butter
Dinner Steak with garlic/truffle oil caulimash, a grapefruit


Sleep 7 hours
Activity PT

Breakfast Sardines (bleh), 1/4 of a not so ripe avocado (blehh), spring mix
Lunch Almond and coconut crusted chicken tenders w/ zucchini noodles, pineapple
Dinner Salmon and a piece of halibut, pureed ginger and carrots, spinach, and a grapefruit



Sleep 7 hours
Activity After two HIIT workouts in a row, it's a rest day.

Breakfast 2 hard boiled eggs mixed with avocado and bacon chipotle sea salt
Lunch Chili (ground meat, mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, chipotle spice) and avocado
Dinner Pork medallion with caulirice and baby spinach salad, papaya and pineapple with coconut butter


Sleep 9 hours. (Too much!)
Activity Rest day

Breakfast Leftover chili with leftover caulirice and baby spinach
Lunch Sweet potato fries fried in duck fat, turkey
Dinner Baked fish, kale, blueberries


Sleep 8 hours
Activity Ballet

Breakfast Codfish mixed with hardboiled egg, tomato, onion, and evoo, avocado
Post Ballet Turkey slices
Lunch Tuna fish with paleo mayo, sweet potato fries
Dinner Turkey meatloaf with roasted parsnips

2 comments :

  1. Congrats! What an accomplishment :) You've inspired me to really get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia for your consistent kind words! It really was worth it!

      Delete