Kate Young for Target

4.09.2013

In addition to the Whole 30, I also set out on another challenge for myself: no clothes shopping for the duration of the 30 days. Nada, zippo, zilch. It's not something that I needed to do, rather it was something I wanted to see if I could do. Thankfully my Whole 30 ends on Saturday, since the Kate Young for Target collection comes out this Sunday! 

One thing I love about these diffusion lines (besides the clothes of course), is getting introduced to talent that may or may not necessarily be a household name. (An example that comes to mind is the Target employee that kept referring to Prabal Gurung as "Pablo Garcia." Bless her.) Since Kate Young was my Pablo Garcia, I googled and found out that she's not just an incredible stylist, but she started her career in fashion at Vogue as an assistant to Anna Wintour (!!!) and later became the in-house stylist. From there, her career has taken her from editorial to the red carpet and beyond. Not to mention, she's a huge fan of Chanel. A girl after my own heart. 

Getting to know more about Kate Young made me that much more excited about the collection, and I cannot wait to shop it on Sunday! After many a browse through the lookbook, I narrowed down my list to my top five wants from the collection. 


LOVE these silk shorts (also available in black.)




The fit and flare of this dress? Just fabulous. #musthave

Will you be checking out the collection this Sunday? What are your favorites?

*images via Fashionista.com

12 comments :

  1. These are fabulous pieces! Thank God your 30 days are over just in time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! Now it's just the wait for delivery!

      Delete
  2. Ohh I hadn't heard about this - the pieces are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. Definitely worth checking out.

      Delete
  3. I'm always a sucker for a fit and flare dress! (Seriously, you don't want to know how many I have in my closet, so I probably don't need another one...but...)
    So, yes, I'm excited :) But I do hope that the quality and fit is a little better than the Prabal collection.

    xx

    p.s. So funny about Pablo Garcia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My target had two dresses! So I'm going to place an order and hope for the best. What I saw wasn't bad!

      Delete
  4. I saw a photo of Michelle Williams in that first outfit, the stuff is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks SO GOOD!! And I loved her hair.

      Delete
  5. I need to stop by my target to see what they have left!

    xo Jackie
    Living After Midnite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check online! Didn't realize so many of the pieces I wanted were online exclusives.

      Delete