Color Crush: Yellow

3.26.2013

Every now and then, I find myself being drawn to a color, without even realizing it. Currently that color is yellow. 

Yellow is a color I have always avoided. At 5'9," I just always envisioned myself looking like Big Bird. As I was headed to the fitting room while shopping in H&M a few months ago, I randomly picked up a beautiful chartreuse dress to, you know, try on for funsies. Well, funsies turned into a purchase because I absolutely loved the way I looked in that dress! It's truly a shame I've avoided the color for so long, because it is such a beautiful compliment to my skin tone. You live and you learn! 

What's a color you can't get enough of at the moment?

images via: Oscar de la Renta (style.com), Pinterest, Beautiful PortalsA Cooking Mizer

8 comments :

  1. Yellow is one of my favorite colors! Especially when it comes to decorating my home (I even have a yellow bed haha). It's just so bright and cheery. I just got a really cute bright yellow dress that I can't wait to wear for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could imagine yellow in the home would have such a calming, uplifting effect! And I have a yellow dress for summer i can't wait to wear too! I have a feeling my wardrobe ain't seen nothing yet!

      Delete
  2. Your big bird comment is hilarious! You can totally pull off yellow- honestly, it looks great with your skin tone in my opinion. I have to be careful because it can wash me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's like me with brown. No.Go. LOL. Thank you for such a sweet comment!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love yellow! One time at summer camp when I was like 10 years old, I had this awesome tankini from TJ Maxx. And all of the counselors (cool older girls, obviously) were obsessed with it and kept telling me what a good color it was on me....haha sooo now (13 years later) every time I buy something yellow I always think back to that tankini haha. Love all of these images, great inspiration!

    go for the glam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I love that story! I always loved the counselors/cool older girls in camp! Their opinion meant something!
      The good old days...

      Delete
  4. before the blog, I would never wear yellow, and now, I simply adore it.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging will do that to you!

      Delete