Travel Wishes for 2012

1.03.2012


When I saw this quote from Anthony Bourdain, I couldn't help but save it, commit it to memory, and just really want to put it into practice this year. 2011 was a great travel year, and I really do hope 2012 will be too. With graduation this year, I feel compelled to travel even more this year, as who knows how much time I will have once I *gulp* get a grownup job.

My 2012 travel list includes:

New Orleans, Louisiana
As I stated before, New Orleans is probably my number one place to visit this year in the States. Ideally, I would like to make this trip during football season, but summer wouldn't be bad either.  I just cant wait to soak up all the culture the Big Easy has to offer. 

Cape Cod, Massachusetts
It has been YEARS since I last visited the Cape, but its hands down my favorite place in New England.  From the beaches and the stunning scenery, to the abundance of seafood, I hope to head up there for a relaxing weekend come summer.

Paris, France
I have always wanted to go to Paris, but lately it feels more like more of a must, than a want (that is two different things, right?) It seems like not a day goes by without some sort of reference to Paris. From literature, to music, to adventures (Hello, LadurĂ©e!) they all feel like signs that all roads lead to Paris in 2012.

In a dream world, in 2012 I would love to travel to:
Morocco
Morocco encompasses everything I love in one place: rich history and culture, beautiful scenery and one of the most unique and distinct cuisines in the world. While I know that it may be awhile till Morocco is in fact a reality, it is hands down one place I would go to in an instant.


Have you thought about where you would like to travel to in 2012 yet? Where? 

5 comments :

  1. LOL Have I thought where I want to go in 2012??? OF COURSE I HAVE! :)  I was planning to go to Greece in May; however, due to the current problems facing that country, I have decided that I may be gracing the presence of lovely Ireland this year :)  I can't wait!

    You will LOVE Paris...I know I did! You must see Versailles, take a trip to Normandy, and of course...do the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, and Saint Chappell...absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really been itching to get further away this last year or so too. I haven't been to Europe since 2006, and its really starting to make me crazy! South America is high on my list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace - Stripes & SequinsSeptember 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM

    Great list!  I am from Cape Cod and can attest to it's amazingness. :)  

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to three of these places...morocco, new orleans, and paris. Morocco is by far the best place I've visited. I would recommend it over Paris any day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a gooood post. your list looks almost the same as mine - new orleans is at the top for me too. i cannot believe that i've been so fascinated by a city that is within my country for my whole life, and never gone. ridiculous. and yes, paris is up there for me tooooo :)

    -Marie
    So What If I Like Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete