The Green Smoothie

11.30.2011

In a very strange way, the thing I look forward to most after the holidays, is the almost mandatory detox. What better time is there to recharge and cleanse? I am by no means hardcore about it, just no carbs, most dairy, sweets, wine, and, sigh, coffee for a few days. In its place, I eat lots of fruits and veggies, Red Mango, green tea, and the green smoothie.
I've only recently started drinking green smoothies, because I was hesitant as to how or what they would taste like. After much debate, I finally gave it a try, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! The combination of the fruit with the greens definitely helps it from tasting too green. Most importantly, I absolutely love how they work. Almost instantly I feel more energized, less bloated, and overall much healthier. 

My basis for my green smoothie is always spinach (for my green), ginger and the juice from one lime.  Once I have those in the blender, I'll add in any other fruits that I have on hand, that I think are beneficial to my body's needs at the time. For this particular smoothie, I added papaya (great for cleansing your system) and pineapple. Thrown into a fancy glass, you forget its good for you.

While I tend to drink it periodically, I think I may up my green smoothie intake as the cold and flu season draws near. Can't go wrong with all those extra antioxidants!

What do you do to recharge your body?

1 comment :

  1. Gabrielle "The Gift of Gab"September 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM

    Ooo... a fellow fashionista who knows the power of a healthy green smoothie. Love it!

    ReplyDelete