Brownie and Ice Cream Pops

10.03.2013



The last few days have really been about two things and two things only: Scandal and these brownie pops I'm sharing with you at some point in this post. I say at some point because first, we talk about Scandal.

I finally got around to signing up for Netflix this past weekend, and I immediately set to watching Scandal, which then took over my week. I am not much of a TV person, and I spend most of my TV time flipping back and forth between the Food Network/Cooking Channel, Veria Living, and of course my beloved Bravo. But Scandal gripped me from the start and left me with so many questions, thoughts and emotions: Where can I get a shawl coat like Olivia? Why has no one mentioned that Fitz looks like a hot/less slimy version of Anthony Weiner with Don Draper's voice? When will the tears stop after watching "Seven Fifty-two"? LOL at Mellie's voice sounding like Batman when she's angry. How much of this show represents reality? Why didn't I start this show sooner?!?!

Needless to say, I am obsessed. (Thankfully, Alyssa is too, so I am not alone.)

I like to accompany my nighttime TV viewing with a snack, and for my Scandal sessions the last few nights it's been half one of these brownie and ice cream pops. (Told you I'd get to it eventually.) I had a few leftover from a batch I made last week, so they have been my go-to snack. They were inspired by these brownie with peanut butter swirl vanilla ice cream lollipops me and my friend Megan had at lunch earlier this summer, and I finally got around to recreating them. They really couldn't be easier, and best of all, they are customizable. I really loved the original ones we had, but I couldn't resist making a Nutella brownie with vanilla ice cream combo. Any type of brownie works, any type of ice cream works. The combinations are truly endless.

However, as much as I love them, I will be skipping them tonight for the season three premiere with a much more appropriate snack: some popcorn and red wine.



Brownie and Ice Cream Pops
servings vary


This recipe can easily be made gluten-free depending on the brownie mix 

You will need...
1 brownie mix or recipe of choice (the fudgier the better)
1 pint of ice cream
10 oz chocolate chips

also...
Popsicle sticks
Baking sheet lined with parchment paper

Begin by scooping out the ice cream and placing each scoop on the baking sheet. Place in the freezer to harden for 1-2 hours.

In the mean time, back the brownies and let cool.

Once the brownies are cooled, cut into the desired size, and roll out the square. (It's okay if it's crumby, you just pack it on later.)

Remove the ice cream from the fridge. Place a scoop in the center of each flattened brownie, and wrap around the brownie around the ice cream. Place a popsicle stick into each one and place back on the baking sheet. Let freeze once more for 1-2 hours, or until solid.




Once the ice cream and brownie pops have solidified, prepare the chocolate. Melt the chocolate chips and let cool briefly. Remove the pops from the freezer and quickly coat each one in chocolate. Place back in the freezer once more for the chocolate to set, 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Once the chocolate has set, remove from the freezer, let thaw for a bit and enjoy.


No comments :

Post a Comment