Lately...

10.10.2013

Mid-September left me feeling a bit void and incredibly uninspired. I started to worry I was becoming depressed as so many things that I loved doing just felt like a chore to me. Interestingly enough, I faced the same feelings last year around this time, so maybe it's a seasonal thing? Who knows. I just know that I felt myself changing and becoming completely uninterested in things (and people...) that I normally would be and it really just freaked me out. I've learned that any time I start to feel that way, it's time for me to chill and reevaluate. Unwinding is not something I do well, but I needed to take a step back. No Excel for a week? Marathons on Netflix? Much needed.

The change of pace was just the beginning of a much needed refresher. It gave me time to think about finally letting go of things that I've outgrown (like my shop) and the inspiration and push necessary to go after what I really want in life. No dream is too big or too impossible. I really just want to focus on being about my passions and to go after them full throttle. No holding back.

(I'm also thinking of starting another blog. A food blog. Maybe.) 

Needless to say, I'm feeling better now. (Still a little ways to go, but definitely going in the right direction.) Taking that break coupled with some spontaneous plans (like seeing Kaskade at Barclays Center last weekend) have me feeling back in the groove. Currently, I'm in Maine "taking care" of my sister who just had her tonsils removed. I'm here as the resident expert on the subject after having mine removed three years ago, but my mom's here too so you can guess who is doing all most of the work. Actually, I think I'm going to make myself scarce and check out the mall in a few. Because if there is one thing I will never tire of, it's the welcoming hug and comfort of the mall.

finally got to see Kaskade at Barclays Center. One of the many sick light displays. so. good.  
beautiful foliage in ME. (NY was still very green when I left)
ice cream (and sorbet for the patient) from a local shop in Maine, Catbird Creamery, to go with...
the first apple pie of the season. my sister made it and froze it for us to make while we are here. how thoughtful. and yes, I am totally guilty of eating the edges off of the pie, especially when it's first out of the oven. there is always one pie that makes a completely edgeless appearance each fall thanks to moi. can't stop, won't stop. 

No comments :

Post a Comment