The Shawl Coat

10.25.2013

I think it's safe to say that the glorious Indian summer that was experienced last week has now passed, and the days of warm weather are now well behind us. Temps in the fifties might as well be winter to me (I am always cold), but since it's not exactly coat weather yet, I will be breaking out my favorite faux fur vests while I work on picking up a jacket to tide me over until it really gets cold.

But that's not to say that I'm not currently thinking about winter outerwear. Actually, I started thinking about coats about three weeks ago, around the time I started Scandal. Coincidence? I think not. I mean, from the very first season, Olivia's coat wardrobe has been on point, and just continues to get better and better. That Burberry Prorsum trench from the season premiere?  The Donna Karan coat she almost got blown away in? Everything.

One of my favorites: this Salvatore Ferragamo number from season two

If I had the space and the budget for an immense coat wardrobe, trust me, I would. A lot can be said about a great coat and the way I look at it, a coat is your outfit in the cold months so it's worth getting something fabulous. If I had to choose just one new coat to get for the winter, it would definitely be a shawl coat. It's a style that I have always loved for it's instant chicness and it's resemblance to a blanket/bathrobe. Again, I love to be as cozy as possible, and a shawl coat just fits the bill.

Banana RepublicZaraTahariLauren Ralph Lauren

Edited to add: Target also has one at a more than reasonable price and in a few colors!

No comments :

Post a Comment