The Ocean Avenue Collection by Warby Parker

6.04.2013

If my "dressing" post was any indication, summer style to me is all about having pieces that are "ready to go" at a moments notice. With all the happenings of summer, that last thing I want to do is waste time getting ready as every second of the season is precious. 

In addition to easy pieces, I also love having pieces that represent the feel of the season and bring back nostalgia of summers past. Enter the newest collection from Warby Parker, Ocean Avenue. Inspired by Coney Island/NYC in the 1979 film The Warriors, the collection features eight pairs of eyeglasses and fourteen pairs of sunglasses in styles and colors like Cream Soda, Sea Glass Blue, and Driftwood, making them the perfect "throw-'em-on-and-go frames." Looking at the collection, I was quickly reminded of my own summer adventures, including those at Coney Island, starting the day at the aquarium, going to Nathan's for lunch, and playing games and going on rides on the boardwalk until it was time to go home. Those memories always remind me that the summer is all about adventure and embracing the moment-no matter where it is or how simple it may be-and the Ocean Avenue collection truly embodies that feeling of the season.


So whether you are spending summer near Coney Island or Coronado Island, at the beach or at work, Ocean Avenue reminds us that while an official summer break may be a thing of the past for most of us, we should act like it anyway (responsibly of course!) and live for the moment of the summer season, even if it's just a kiddie pool in the backyard.


A few of my favorites from the collection include...
Dutch in Newsprint Grey

 
Beckett in Driftwood



Jasper in Orange Fizz




 
Preston in Sea Glass Blue


Jules in Ginger Lemonade

Roosevelt in Chocolate Soda

To see all the frames, head on over to Warby Parker, and as always with every pair of glasses that is purchased, a pair will be given to someone who needs it. (Can't express how much I love this program!)


Disclosure: While I was contacted by Warby Parker regarding this post, the views and opinions of the collection are all my own. 

6 comments :

  1. The "Jules" in Ginger Lemonade is my favorite! I love the unique color and the shape is a classic. Also, the video is great- you really get a feel for what the brand is going for.

    Caught that bit about Coronado too :) :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I love how fresh and fun all of the shapes and colors are.

      Delete
  2. I love the "Jasper" style...the orange is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those orange ones, they are so cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Definitely one of my top three favorites.

      Delete