Bathing Suit Season | Suit Up!

6.06.2013

Now that I'm off my soapbox, I'm sharing some of my favorite suits for the season. I think the greatest joy in swimsuit shopping (yes, there is joy in it) is knowing that trips to the beach, time by the pool, or vacation, is near. Plus, swimsuit shopping means shopping for fabulous accessories like sunglasses, hats, and my favorite, caftans. But more on those at another time.

Over the years, I have happily weened myself off of the typical (boring) black scoop neck one piece suit, opting instead for ones with a bit more flair and even color. I plan to explore that more this summer with some new suits, while still sticking to the tried and true. 

bikini
Panache (the best brand for all my D+ girls!), Michael Michael KorsFreya (another great brand for D+)

Bikinis were no doubt revolutionary when they first arrived on the beach scene, and I love how the style has evolved over the years, making it easier for any body to rock the style. Since I've dared myself to wear one this year, and going back to my love of crop tops, my pick for the summer would have to be the high waisted style; just the right amount of sass and coverage for me.

tankini
Luxe by Lisa Vogel, SplendidNorma Kamali

The tankini sure has come a long way from being boring, unflattering, and just terrible in general. I was pleasantly surprised by the selection available, from high to low of *gasp* flattering fits and colors. My personal pick would have to be the Norma Kamali suit: a pair of shades, and a headscarf (I'm thinking Pucci) and I am set for a day poolside. (sidebar: If you couldn't tell, I always go for a lewk with my swimwear.) 

one piece

A one piece bathing suit will always be an essential for me. Gone are my boring suits of yesteryear, with suits in fabulous cuts and colors taking their place. I'm still partial to a black one piece, but one with mesh and one-shoulder? Yes, please. 

Those are all of my picks, what are yours? What swimsuit style (or styles) do you gravitate towards? 

No comments :

Post a Comment