Taking It Easy.

12.23.2012

Please note: This post is in no way meant to be a "woe is me" or a downing of  cheer for those more festive than me. This post, as is this blog, is simply an outlet and quite possibly, a relief to others that may be feeling the same way. Now back to the regularly scheduled post...

I feel...off. My throat feels like it is getting sore (or is that just the result of being a hypochondriac) and it appears that my last wisdom tooth is coming in. My heart still breaks for the many people affected by the tragedy in Sandy Hook, those rebuilding from Hurricane Sandy, and for my own friends who are dealing with great losses themselves. Ultimately, I just don't feel like being festive.

This time of year can be stressful in more ways than one, and without a doubt, there is a strange pressure to feel endless amounts of merriment. The follow up to LOM (lack of merriment) is usually "Are you sad?" or "Are you depressed?" when actually, I feel neither of those things. More than anything, all I really want to do is just relax at home with my family and take it easy for the next few days.

And that's what I plan will do. The buche de noel will be replaced by my favorite sweets from my favorite bakery and instead of making truffles, Lindt will be my chocolates of choice. There will be no worrying about this, that, or the other. Instead, A Charlie Brown Christmas and Eloise at Christmastime will be on a running loop, (with above treats of course,) as well as some of my favorite holiday songs. Because no matter how I am feeling or what I may or may not be doing, I can't be without my holiday music. (You can listen to my Holiday playlist on Spotify here.)

I hope that what whatever you are doing, that you truly enjoy the holiday season and the time spent with your loved ones. Because in the end, no matter how you spend it, that is all that truly matters.❤

1 comment :

  1. Thanks Alyssa. It's true - spending time with loved ones is all that really matters!

    Hope you had a nice and easy Christmas.

    xo, sam
    **Style of Sam**

    ReplyDelete