DIY Ring Resize

12.06.2012

In the past few months, my ring size has gone down a band size, maybe two. As a result, I have been giving away my rings to friends (you're welcome!) and using others as a sort of scarf embellishment (think napkin holder...) However, there were two rings I was just not willing to part with and was determined to find a way to wear them again. I knew there had to be a way to make my favorite rings wearable again, so I googled. Because as they say, where there is a will there is a way.

And I found my way. The best part? All it involved was a candle!

The article above mentions two ways to use this wax method, if you will. I went with the second method since the two rings that needed "resizing" have an open top, perfect for filling with wax. I still have the comfort of the band and it couldn't be easier or cheaper!

What you will need:
  • Rings to be resized
  • A candle (preferably white)
  • Matches/lighter
  • Newspaper for work surface
  • Optional: a small knife or pin to remove excess wax. (Excess wax can also just be melted off.)

No comments :

Post a Comment