Truffles

12.23.2011

The amount of chocolate around right now is obscene.  Everything I have been baking in the last few days has called for some variety of chocolate: bittersweet, semisweet, unsweetened, the list goes on and on. The number one thing on my to make list for the holidays were some chocolate truffles. One thing I didn't know about truffles (like 85% of the things I set out to make), are how easy they are to make! They only require two ingredients: heavy cream and chocolate chips. That's. It.

I used a combination of recipes (this one, one from a Williams-Sonoma cookbook, and this YouTube vid) and my own little touches. For example, I added a pinch of salt to the chocolate as it was melting, (to enhance the chocolate flavor) and I made a batch of truffles with a very special ingredient: Kahlúa. Mind you, in the process of making the truffles, I can't remember which ones are made with the Kahlúa and which ones aren't. Whoops!  But at least its a pleasant surprise and not like a nail or something....)

4 comments :

  1. Those look absolutely delicious, they're incredibly pretty as well! I would never be able to adapt recipes, so you must be a very talented chef, then! 








    There's a new post up on my blog with details on my first giveaway, so feel free to stop by!

    xoxo, Veena



    http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool that you made truffles! These really do look like something straight out of a William's & Sonoma's catalogue :) 

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nina! They taste SO GOOD! And everyone else agrees lol. 

    ReplyDelete