DIY: exposed zipper skirt

5.04.2011

I absolutely love DIY projects. During the school semester it is tough to start a project, let alone complete  it due to time. But I hope come summer, I can accomplish some projects on my growing list.
With the few days I had off for Easter break, I managed to complete a DIY I have been wanting to do since February: an exposed zipper skirt.
I love the look of these skirts, especially when the zipper is in the back, because it reminds me of a mullet...business in the front, par-tay in the back. Of course I could have easily bought the skirt from any number of  retailers (for example, Torrid has a similar one for $49), but where's the fun in that?

In addition, the total cost of this DIY came out to:
Forever 21 bandage skirt: $9.80
Thread: $1.79
Zipper: $5.49         
Total: $ 17.08

 The savings will go to funding my Starbucks/Red Mango/Shoe/Shopping habit.

Do you love to DIY? What are your favorite types of DIY's to do?

7 comments :

  1. YAY.. I love DIY projects and this one is just the one I needed...Thx for sharing doll.

    XoXo
    http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant! it definitely makes the skirt sexier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, and shareena is right its super sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I love that I can throw on, say a white tee tucked in, and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course! Its super easy too! Let me know if you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would love to do this exposed zipper, just on a contrasting color combo... maybe, orange skirt, with purple zipper,

    or a green top, with blue xipper in the back!... i love looking at DIY inspiration, and finding stuff i myself could do! :)

    ReplyDelete