Dressing

5.22.2013


Even though I have found and ordered multiple pairs my perfect jeans, what I am really excited to add to my wardrobe at the moment are dresses. It never fails that 70+ degree weather (like NYC has seen the last few days) happens overnight, (despite the fact that *shock* it happens every. single. year..) and I realize two things:

                           1. I am not prepared for warmer weather.
                           2. I absolutely hate wearing jeans when it's even the slightest bit hot out.

To solve this little "dilemma," I am getting my shop on now and stocking up for the season, starting with a few dresses. Besides being comfortable and easy, I love how dresses are just so perfect for when my brain is fried from the heat, and the only thing I can think of is how hot it is. Nothing like having the guesswork taken care of for you!


Old Navy maxi & tee dress

A black maxi and t-shirt dress are my two absolute musts. I know, this time of year isn't exactly the weather to be wearing black, but I can't help it! I love how easy they are to throw on and how they make the perfect blank canvas for a great accessory like a hat or necklace. Best of all, they are super versatile, and I especially love them for travel as they are comfortable, yet stylish. 

LOFT maxi

When I first saw this printed maxi dress on Jessica of Get Jessed Up, I knew I had to have it. The prints! The colors! I absolutely lived in this printed maxi last summer, as it saw me through BBQ's, casual dinners, and vacation. I plan to do the same with this dress. 


Spontaneous plans seem to go hand in hand with the summer season, so being prepared for a more dressed up occasion is essential. Plus, I just really love these two dresses from Banana. #anyexcuse

Sanctuary lace dress
A lacy white dress is just one of those things that screams summer to me. While I find that most of them look like tablecloths, I love the texture and light feel of this dress from Macy's. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint! (Or I find one like it!)


What does your warm weather wardrobe look like? Do you also gravitate more towards dresses?

8 comments :

  1. blah I'm wearing jeans at work now and it's going to be 80- woof! That white dress is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! And also wore jeans. And a silk top...

      Delete
  2. Dresses for the win! I love how you only have to put on one item of clothing too, aka great for lazy dressers- which I think I am becoming. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
    I've also been wearing muscle tanks- you either love 'em or hate 'em- with a neon bandeau underneath and the 3 1/2 inch shorts from Old Navy. It's become my go-to especially since the weather is now 100 in PHX.

    xx

    p.s. What did you end up ordering from Old Navy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO lazy come summer. BUT OMFG THE WEATHER?! UNREAL! I would be like, barely dressed in AC all the time. Despite the heat, your outfit sounds cute!

      I am actually just finalizing my shopping cart right now, because I want everything. Everything. EVERYTHING!

      Delete
  3. ohhh, i adore that dropped waste on the white dress! gimme :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the tee shirt dress looks so perfect! and oh the quest for the perfect white dress. I swear I do it every summer. maybe this will finally be the year?
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping the same with the white dress! Every. Single. Year! It just has to happen!

      Delete