Apple Picking

10.24.2010


Growing up, the one thing I always looked forward to in the fall was taking the drive up to Masker Orchards in Warwick, NY to go apple picking. Working in retail the last few years meant that my weekends meant work, but this semester since I work only during the week, I now have my weekends to resume and enjoy such traditions.

I just love being away from the city and breathing clean air. It sounds crazy but I don't breathe when I'm outside of my house. Being around so many people and in such confined places, the last thing i want to do is inhale city air and germs. But being up in the mountains, I couldn't help but take deep breaths of nice, clean air. And of course eat apples till I explode.


Of course you can go and pick apples, but at the end there is the country farm where you can buy jams and butters, a pet farm for the kiddies, pumpkin patch and best of all, delicious foods like apple doughnuts and warm apple pie  with vanilla ice cream. 
mmmmmmm

The drive to and from the orchards is so relaxing. Seeing all the colors of the leaves, no traffic/crazy drivers is pure bliss. On the way back, we actually drove through New Jersey instead of NY and it was breathtaking. 

PROSTITUTION WHOOOOREEEE

Skyline drive. 
I don't know how well you can see it, but behind those flags, is the NYC skyline. 

 Lastly, the best, best, best part of everything is the overabundance of apples and all the possibilities of what can be done with them. As pooped as I was from the day, I made apple cinnamon muffins.


What are your favorite fall traditions?

No comments :

Post a Comment